What to bring and expectations
What to bring
- Dress - Fishmas Charters' vessel, "My Way", is very comfortable, but you will want to be appropriately dressed for the weather outside since that is where the action happens. Don't forget jackets if it's cold outside. We ask that you do not wear flip flops since the boat deck is VERY slippery when it's wet.
- Please bring a cooler for your personal use (drinks, food, etc.) as well as any fish that are caught. We will filet and bag your fish for your convenience without extra charge.
- We ask that you do not bring sunflower seeds in shells.
- Please remember items to make your trip more comfortable and memorable ~ sunscreen, sunglasses, cameras, hats, etc.
- Please, no pets on board.
- It is asked that glass containers be held to a minimal.
- "My Way" is a drug free vessel. Anyone possessing illegal drugs will be immediately brought to shore and will forfeit their charter fee. No tolerance.
- Children are always welcome at Fishmas Charters. We ask that parents supervise their children at all times. There are many things on a boat that can hurt children if they are not watched carefully. Running on the boat is not permitted at any time.
- Wildlife is respected.
- If you have any questions about the Bay or it's wildlife, then please ask. The capt enjoys questions and will gladly share his knowledge.
- If you will be drinking alcoholic beverages, then it is highly encouraged to designate a driver to allow you to arrive home safely.
- The weather on the Chesapeake Bay can be unpredictable. Capt Mike is constantly monitoring weather conditions. If weather conditions change, then you will be contacted. Charters can be rescheduled to another available date due to weather. If your party does not show up for the charter, then your deposit will be forfeited. The Captain reserves the right to head back to port due to weather changes.